[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/config.php:19)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/config.php:19)
Forum • Zobacz wątek - Landvættir in America

Landvættir in America

A place for guests who don't speak Polish
Ein Ort für Gäste die nicht sprechen Polnisch

Re: Landvættir in America

Postprzez Leśna » czwartek, 16 sierpnia 2012, 20:40

]:)
Ostatnio edytowano czwartek, 16 sierpnia 2012, 20:51 przez Leśna, łącznie edytowano 1 raz
Leśna

Postprzez Leśna » czwartek, 16 sierpnia 2012, 20:47

Leśna

Postprzez bil » piątek, 17 sierpnia 2012, 18:03

lewwe woohl un fahr mit de Gedder,
bil
bil

Postprzez Leśna » piątek, 17 sierpnia 2012, 20:16

Yes, that clears up things completely, especially when It comes to family example; I had a very similar situation and as i think of it now - the way you see someone is connected to how you perceive the world that this person is part of. The world - so place that you're in, the past and the present, deeds, thoughts, dreams, brothers, sisters, friends... all that creates your reality. For you - @]:D
Leśna

Postprzez bil » niedziela, 19 sierpnia 2012, 14:17

The concept of an ethnic folkway instead of a religion was strange to us at first. I belong to 2 kindreds: 1) Mountain Haven of Edgewood, NM, and Hamburger Stammtisch. While I am completely comfortable in Hamburg, I must approach the regin as a New Mexican. While it is possible for me to understand the concerns of my German Stammtischgebrüder, I am a New Mexican, my home and my people are of NE New Mexico. Our concerns revolve formost around water (really, the lack of water), the health and welfare of our families, the produce of ranch and farm -- the cows and chilis -- and the peace of our communities. As a consequence, even among our Stammtisch, I must honor Dunner, Wode, un Frick. At times, it feels a bit schizophrenic, but on the other hand, it somehow feels normal. I realize that Dunner and Þór/ Donar are related at a fundamental level but the relationships differ so much so that Donar feels to me to be a foreign god whereas Dunner is he who tends to our precious weather here in New Mexico.

I just thought I add this in because I'd stated earlier that I am one who sees gods as being different from land to land. I'll probably never be able to comprehend completely the north German relationship between German family/ community, land, leaders/ regin without actually living there for 25 yrs. or so. I understand that they are heathen, and, basically, why they are heathen, and also that the structure of their heathen praxis is similar to ours, but how they actually view the gods with their relationship to land, community, and family is something only they can understand. Additionally, I would not conduct a blót on German soil because, in a sense, I don't know their gods. I don't comprehend those north German relationships which are the reason and rationale for the honoring, the making of requests, and the conducting of blóts. The only exception would be an international blót where several goðar would be making a common blót, each for their own respective communities.

just a couple of thoughts,
lewwe woohl un faahr mit de Gedder,
bil
bil
bil

Postprzez Szerszen » niedziela, 19 sierpnia 2012, 14:38

Hello bil,

I am not sure if the gods are different on different lands, or just the problem is - the natural conditions are different, so you just need different thing from the same gods.
As example - far away on the north, the sun is bless so most often the sunny, hot days are "needed" - I quess, that in Mexico, you rather pray for rain and clouds.

So, the gods from our pantheon I suppose are the same - independent of land on which you are, but... landvaettir in my opinion can be totally different. They are "the salt" of the soil, and part of it.
Skalat maðr rúnar rista, nema ráða vel kunni
Szerszen

Postprzez bil » poniedziałek, 20 sierpnia 2012, 01:16

bil
bil

Postprzez Leśna » poniedziałek, 20 sierpnia 2012, 08:20

Although, after our exchange of ideas concerning reign and our ways of perceiving them I understand your point of view, my thinking of Them is still somehow “universal”, with large quotation mark.
But – all the heathens I know personally are from here. All of them share with me geographic area, political and economical situation, age, language and even social status. Though we come to the meeting from all across the country, as I think of it – we are much the same. Just like we're from one tribe. So it's no surprise that we see reign similarly. Would it be the same in contact with groups of people from another continents? I would hesitate before giving the answer.
So I don't tie myself to one way of thinking, because with growing experience some things may change.
I think that neither Gods get angry wit people when they see them a bit differently, nor we as heathens lose anything in a field of interaction with each other, honoring reign and being part of Wyrd.
Leśna

Postprzez Vrede » wtorek, 21 sierpnia 2012, 07:08

It was a very interesting discussion and some interesting ideas to consider...
Vrede

Postprzez Szerszen » wtorek, 21 sierpnia 2012, 07:35

Skalat maðr rúnar rista, nema ráða vel kunni
Szerszen

Poprzednia stronaNastępna strona

Powrót do International corner